As a small business owner, running and building your company already keeps you busy. If you’ve also taken on the responsibility to handle the bookkeeping, you’ve added pressure and time to a workweek that may already last 50 to 60 hours, or even more. Additionally, do you have the knowledge and skills to handle it?
This is where you may wish someone offered an introductory course like Bookkeeping 101. Fortunately, Remote Books Online has you covered, with an informational eBook called Bookkeeping Basics for Your Small Business that’s yours free to download today.
This guide is a solid introduction to bookkeeping. Reading it can help you understand if you’re managing your books effectively and correctly so you get the complete financial picture you need for taxes, business success, and growth.
Learn Basics In Bookkeeping For Your Small Business Needs
You can quickly discover what you need to know or ask to best organize and balance your books effectively—along with options moving forward. And that’s important because bookkeeping mistakes can cause cash flow problems, tax penalties and open you up to audits. No business wants that. You will learn:
What is Bookkeeping?
- Bookkeeping is like learning a new language. Or, at the very least, words and terms you may have been familiar with before take on new meanings when used in bookkeeping. Getting your definitions straight is the first step to understanding how the process works.
The Difference Between Bookkeeping and Accounting
- Both a bookkeeper and an accountant have a financial role to play in your business and share some similar skills. But they are not always interchangeable. Find out who does what and why in this section.
5 Reasons You Need Bookkeeping for Your Small Business
- Bookkeeping takes time and requires knowledge to be done correctly. Discover five key benefits to your business when you’ve made sure it’s right.
The 4 Steps of The Bookkeeping Process
- This section takes a deeper dive into the mechanics of bookkeeping. Here you find details about the different decisions you’ll need to make when choosing how to set up your books and track your information.
Professional Versus DIY Bookkeeping: Decide Which Is Best for Your Business
- Consider the pros and cons of handling the bookkeeping yourself versus having it handled by someone else. They may surprise you.
Handle your books effectively
Through these five topics and more, this handy guide can close any knowledge gaps and give you a better understanding of bookkeeping and how important it is to your business. You need correct, up-to-date financial information to understand how your business is performing—to plan for the future, prepare for taxes, and make decisions. That’s what bookkeeping provides when it’s done correctly.
Download Your Free Copy of Bookkeeping Basics for Your Small Business
This guide was developed by Remote Books Online, the choice of thousands of small businesses for their bookkeeping, tax, and payroll services, to ensure you have access to the bookkeeping knowledge you need.
As a small business owner, your time is precious. Any time that’s not used to grow your business needs to supply something just as valuable. The basics in this guide can help you stop wasting time, relieve your frustrations, and clear the way for success. It really is like taking Bookkeeping 101. We hope you’ll download it and get started reading it today.