Accounting and Bookkeeping Services for Law Firms
Your trusted advisor for all your accounting and bookkeeping needs! Offering First Month of Bookkeeping for FREE!
or Call 1800 583 0148
You Handle Your Law Practice. We’ll Handle Your Books.
- We quickly and easily help you get your books up-to-date and ready for taxes, loans, or other transactions, for a clear picture of your business’s financial situation.
- Our convenient, online bookkeeping services start as low as $95 a month and are provided by certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors and Xero-Certified Advisors.
- We include accounting software and automated and secure encrypted monthly bank statement downloads.
- We have your needs covered with back bookkeeping, real-time bookkeeping, payroll, and full- or part-time bookkeepers, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
- We’ll reconcile one month of your books for free, so you’ll see exactly how we remove your bookkeeping stress and frustration.
Best Accounting and Bookkeeping Software for Law Firms
We support you with QuickBooks and Xero accounting and small business bookkeeping software programs
Quickbooks is the accounting software package developed by Intuit and geared towards small and medium-sized businesses.
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
Bookkeeping For Lawyers
Delivering the "great accounting" verdict law firms need and want
Whether you have a small or large law firm, the ability to stay compliant is essential to both your success and survival as a law firm. Unfortunately, that’s not always easy because you’re the expert in the law, not accounting or bookkeeping.
Your retainer fees from clients (and how or when used) are problematic because you don’t “own” those funds until they have been earned. Also, you may handle personal injury settlements that belong to the client. At any given time, your firm will have multiple clients with multiple trust ledgers. It is extremely important that these trust funds are not commingled with one another and are not used to pay the law firm's expenses. It is mandatory that all trust accounts are reconciled monthly. In the event of an audit, this is the first thing the auditor will look for.
Additionally, these requirements don’t include the daily financial tasks of running a business, with invoicing, payroll, taxes, leasing, utilities, and much more that have to be handled. Your time is better used defending or supporting your clients, not worrying about your firm’s books and financial practices.
What type of financial help does your firm need?
Understanding your requirements is key to your success and compliance
Knowing your practice’s overhead costs plays a big role in what you’re billing clients. After all, your overhead must be covered by what you bring in. You don’t want to guess this figure. You’ll also need to know which are direct or indirect matter costs because indirect matter costs require a different accounting treatment than reimbursement for direct matter costs. The good news is that bookkeeping and accounting advice can help in both of these areas.
A remote bookkeeping service is ideal for lawyers who have a low volume of transactions. It is also perfect for lawyers who do their own bookkeeping but require professional help for only certain critical tasks such as bank reconciliation or GST/HST filing. Also, some lawyers prefer remote services because they do not have extra office space for a bookkeeper. Nor is there a need to make an appointment to have a bookkeeper come into your office. Plus, you only pay for the actual time working on your file, so it saves you from paying an employee’s salary. It is a quick and flexible way to get your books timely updated by a professional.
Remote Books Online
Attorney bookkeeping services offer everything you need
Remote Books Online offers you the luxury of focusing on your practice instead of your bookkeeping. Our flat, affordable monthly rates are available as low as $95 with a team of experienced Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisors and Xero-Certified Advisors to help you get your books on track.
Our accounting and bookkeeping services center on compliance with the Law Society's record-keeping requirements in By-Law 9 and include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping services for lawyers and attorneys
- CPA access for lawyers and law businesses
- QuickBooks for lawyers and law businesses, not general-purpose accounting software
- Trust and general account reconciliation
- Law Society reports
- GST/HST return filing
- Time billing and accounts receivable
- Disbursement and expense recording
- Payroll support
- General ledger entries
- PCLaw, Clio, and uLaw setup, support, and consultation
Outsourcing Bookkeeping Services for Law Firms
What Does it Do for You?
As an attorney, you are more efficient in making business decisions and concentrating on your clients when you have access to your P&L and financial statements such as accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP). Our certified QuickBooks Pro advisors will make sure you have this information in the palm of your hand when you need it and are kept up-to-date in real-time.
Bookkeeping is tedious work that takes you away from other critical responsibilities, but it provides financial information critical for your success. When you let us handle it, you can focus on what’s really important.
or Call 1800 583 0148
Get Started With Remote Books Online Today
Try Us Out for Free!
It’s easy to experience and evaluate our bookkeeping service for yourself. We’ll enter all transactions, make all necessary journal entries, and reconcile one month of your books for free. Let’s start building our relationship today.
Speak with an agent to get a quote and set up an appointment with a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor to go over your books.
Bookkeeping Checked Off Your List
Now that bookkeeping is off your mind, what will you focus on next? Finding more clients? Bringing on another attorney? Expanding your specialties? With Remote Books Online on your side, you can start planning instead of keeping books.
- Say goodbye to late nights of data entry and other tedious and frustrating bookkeeping work.
- Stop wasting time and money training employees on bookkeeping.
- Relax knowing your books are always current and accurate.
- Focus on your firm instead.
Here’s What People Are Saying