Accounting and Bookkeeping Services for Insurance Agency
Your trusted advisor for all your accounting and bookkeeping needs! Offering First Month of Bookkeeping for FREE!
or Call 1800 583 0148
You Handle Your Insurance Agency. We’ll Handle Your Books.
- We quickly and easily help you get your books up-to-date and ready for taxes, loans, or other transactions, for a clear picture of your business’s financial situation.
- Our convenient, online bookkeeping services start as low as $95 a month and are provided by Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors and Xero-Certified Advisors.
- We include accounting software and automated and secure encrypted monthly bank statement downloads.
- We have your needs covered with back bookkeeping, real-time bookkeeping, payroll, and full- or part-time bookkeepers, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
- We’ll reconcile one month of your books for free, so you’ll see exactly how we remove your bookkeeping stress and frustration.
Best Accounting and Bookkeeping Software for Insurance Agency
We support you with QuickBooks and Xero accounting and small business bookkeeping software programs
Quickbooks is the accounting software package developed by Intuit and geared towards small and medium-sized businesses.
Xero is a cloud-based accounting software platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
Insuring Your Insurance Agency’s Success
Understanding the financials of your business is as important as selling policies
Keeping your finances accurate and organized is one of the most important responsibilities for insurance agents. You’ll need this information to manage your business, prepare for taxes, and plan for growth.
What kind of information should you be tracking for your insurance agency business?
Expenses: Expenses consist of any money spent or costs incurred through a business’s revenue-generating efforts. Examples of common expenses you encounter or will have include:
- Advertising costs
- Administrative fees
- Business travel
- Mileage deductions
- Client gifts, meals, and entertainment
- Home office costs if your business is run from home
- Lease, utilities, and other expenses if your business is run elsewhere
- Payroll, payroll taxes, and other human resources expenses
Properly categorizing these expenses can be difficult (especially for client gifts, meals, and entertainment), so be sure to keep receipts and note what was purchased and who it was for. Also, make sure to note expenditures throughout the year that are tax-deductible so that the information is available to give to your CPA for tax prep.
Budget and Cashflow: Your expenses affect your insurance business’s budget and cash flow. Having the complete picture is the only way you can see if your business is healthy or not.
- Develop a system to track all of the money coming in and out and timing
- Develop a budget for your expenses
- Compare the budget and cash flow for timing issues, shortfalls, red flags, pain points, and successes
As straightforward as this sounds, setting up bookkeeping systems, tracking and budgeting can take a lot of time to implement and follow through when you have a day-to-day business to run. Even if you have a financial background, these tasks take you away from agency decisions and clients.
That’s why many insurance agency businesses like yours are turning to remote or outsourced bookkeeping so they can delegate these tasks.
Remote Books Online
Insuring financial peace of mind for your insurance agency business
Remote Books Online lets you focus on your agency while we look after your books. Get flat, affordable monthly rates as low as $95/Month with a team of experienced Certified QuickBooks
Pro Advisors and Xero-Certified Advisors to help you get your budget, cash flow, and financial information on track. We offer assistance with:
- Bookkeeping, including reconciling bank statements for the cash accounts on your balance sheet, posting, and providing the following standard reports:
- Aged Accounts Receivable
- Income Statement (Profit/Loss)
- Status of Accounts (General Ledger)
- Trial Balance
- Monthly management reports and analysis
- Business planning, budgeting, and forecasting
- Tax preparation
We also offer these insurance-specific services:
- Reconciling the payable balance on your balance sheet to the items due to the carriers
- Recording, importing or processing commissions in suspense for your direct bill transactions
- Running producer reports for your review
- Entering disbursements for your vendor payables. Any items meeting your agency’s capital improvement dollar level will be copied to your CPA for depreciation and amortization
- Creating a list of vendors for 1099 processing
Outsourcing Bookkeeping Services for Insurance Agency
What Does it Do for You?
As an insurance agent, you are more efficient in making business decisions when you have access to your P&L and financial statements such as accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP). Our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors will make sure you have this information in the palm of your hand when you need it and are kept up-to-date in real-time.
Bookkeeping is tedious work that takes you away from other critical responsibilities, but it provides financial information critical for your success. When you let us handle it, you can focus on what’s really important.
or Call 1800 583 0148
Get Started With Remote Books Online Today
Try Us Out for Free!
It’s easy to experience and evaluate our bookkeeping service for yourself. We’ll enter all transactions, make all necessary journal entries, and reconcile one month of your books for free. Let’s start building our relationship today.
Speak with an agent to get a quote and set up an appointment with a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor to go over your books.
Bookkeeping Checked Off Your List
Now that bookkeeping is off your mind, what will you focus on next? Finding more carriers to work with? Looking for more potential policyowners? Bringing on another agent? With Remote Books Online on your side, you can start planning instead of keeping books.
- Say goodbye to late nights of data entry and other tedious and frustrating bookkeeping work.
- Stop wasting time and money training employees on bookkeeping.
- Relax knowing your books are always current and accurate.
- Focus on your insurance agency instead.
Here’s What People Are Saying